Job Code: MIS-SA
Position Type: Full-Time
Company: DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
Location: Richmond, CA
IT System Administrator
Founded in 1986, DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc. is a San Francisco Bay Area based photonic technology
company that designs and manufactures products in the solid-state lighting and optical
communication industries. We currently have an immediate opening for IT System Administrator. The
primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Provision and deploy Windows servers, workstations, and other endpoint devices.
- Update service packs or patches on all servers, and carry out regular maintenance to ensure smooth operation.
- Migrate end of life hardware and services to new platforms.
- Manage on premises Active Directory, including adding and deleting accounts, setting access permissions, and maintaining user groups/distribution lists.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in the environment, and provide technical support to facility staff.
- Monitor network regularly to identify potential indicators of malware or system failure.
- Update and maintain anti-virus solutions, anti-SPAM solutions, and web filtering lists.
- Basic maintenance of PBX, including setup and update of user accounts.
- Design and implement changes to network architecture as needed to maintain smooth business operation.
- Document new changes to the environment and update existing documentation where
- BS degree or higher in computer science/engineering, or other IT related fields
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in IT or a related field
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, Oracle VirtualBox, and Google Suite
- Experience with migrating end of life products (hardware and software) to new platforms
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server preferred
- CCNA or Network+ certification preferred
For more information on DiCon, please visit: www.diconfiberoptics.com
To apply, please send resume to