Job Code: PAE
Position Type: Full-Time
Company: DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc.
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Opticomm Product Applications Engineer (for North Hollywood, CA office)
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc. is a well-established photonics technology company based in the
San Francisco Bay Area. Over the past three decades, the company has developed
many patented technology platforms for the optical communications and solid-state
lighting industries. Utilizing these core technology platforms, DiCon develops and
manufactures world-class products, and markets these products to commercial,
industrial, and end-user customers. The company has strong vertically integrated
capabilities, allowing it to respond rapidly to changing customer needs and emerging
new market opportunities.
DiCon has immediate openings for the Product Applications Engineer, focused on
supporting our optical communications products and customers at our North Hollywood,
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers to understand their requirements & needs, and then
make a recommended solution.
- Interact with and support customers and Sales Director with on-going projects.
- Review and create specification documents, generic datasheets, manuals, etc.
- Support customers with any product related issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales, Engineering and Production team.
- Attend industry trade shows, visit customers, and travel to testing labs to
support qualification testing, as needed. Travel would typically be 5-10%.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS or MS in Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience or familiarity with fiber optics or photonics is highly preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task, have an excellent attention for detail, and have a good
- Must have a good initiative, and be both inquisitive and interested in learning.
- Must be able to work both independently, and as part of a small, expert team.
- Must have good communication skills, with the ability to listen, to articulate in a
conversation, and to write well.
Interested parties please indicate job code PAE , and submit your resume to email@example.com.